About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Thursday, May 9, 2013

For The Romantic Soul


My love,

This may be too bold to say but
Will you let me romance you?
I see you're in shock
My dear it's only because you haven't seen better
You were never meant to settle as if you're inferior
You were meant to be a partner
Someone has tricked you into believing that good is somehow normal
Again I say,
Let me romance you
Let me sweep you off your feet with candlelit dinners or a delightful cup of coffee.
Let me make you blush with sweet gifts and whisper sweet truths in your ear
Let me make you a masterpiece or create an original piece of art.
Let me hold your hands to remind you of reality and let me taste your lips to blur the lines.
May our conversations bring your heart joy and revive that remarkable glimmer in your eyes.
May the hope of fairytales and happily ever afters never fade or stray away.
Let me romance you my sweet darling.
Let this love spark your imagination and bring you to a world of endless possibilities.
May that spark burst into flames and bring forth a new burning passion.
Let me run after you during days of laughter and carry you through times of hurt.
Let me walk beside you in days of doubt and gaze with you in times of comfort.
Let me romance you my love.
Let me into a world that none have entered.
It’s not an amusement park, nor shall it be treated as such.
I only bring you a heart in love that is backed by my word.
Test me by the standard of exceptional character and honesty.
Find evidence through faithfulness, trust, integrity, purity, patience and grace.
Let me be clear with you.
Your love means everything to me and though I am limited in time and resources, I can guarantee commitment.
I can’t guarantee promises because life’s circumstances can always alter those plans.
But my commitment to you and only you will never break.
Let me romance you my beautiful princess.
I have but one lifetime and I desire to share it with you.
I want to dance with you until our feet bring us both to paradise.
I want to sing with you until the very last breath.
I’m hoping to give you my best at the beginning and make every effort to keep it there until the end.
This is my heart's true desire
And if these words seem too lavish or too good to be true then by all means disregard all that has been said today
I only ask that you let me show you what makes me feel alive
Let me show you the difference between feeling and knowing.
Let me show you the difference between thinking and doing.
Let me show you the difference between dreaming and being.
Let me show you the difference between me and everyone else.
Let me show you true romance my dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment