About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

For Those Who Want To Dive


What I lack would persuade you
If only it came so readily upon your sight
But it stands with me on the high dive,
Unwilling to jump…
And so I stand in front of you
Stumped and internally frustrated
Where risk and reward meet I find myself tucked in the corner
Reaching high for the prize
But pulling back as sight moves forward
You see, one question would make the difference
It would tear down the walls,
Break the ice as it were
Thus creating a masterpiece called opportunity
But the dive is high,
The water deeper still and opportunity is rapidly melting away
With every second passing the puddle becomes bigger
I’m begging you to please give me more time
Don’t walk away just yet
Sixty seconds left on the clock and time starts now
-The water is waiting to be tested
Get rid of your inhibitions
And give risk a taste
*But what if time is invested
And it turned out to be a waste
I don't want to go from shallow to deep
Only to find it that it was shark infested
I don't want to get hurt or barely come out alive
-This isn't life or death
It’s only a dive
You’re more than capable
And more than prepared to handle this next step
*I’m going to jump but what if I sink to the bottom?
You’re not catching me when I fall
And gravity can be very unforgiving
What if my form looks ugly because I stalled for too long?
I’m not so sure about this
-Calm down...
Focus...
Pray for peace to give your mind some clarity
Do what comes naturally
Opportunity is still intact
And in all actuality
Fear is more bark than bite.
Faith is on your side
So forge ahead to the edge of the diving board
And as I said before,
Free yourself of those inhibitions
You can do this
*Well then…
Here goes nothing…

No comments:

Post a Comment