About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Who Knocks Anymore?

I think that with the advancement of technology
We are moving forward
We have more ways to communicate
More ways to connect
We even have doorbells to replace knocking
How simple is life nowadays?
It seems all too often that even though we are moving forward
The only thing that knocks anymore is the past
And when it comes, things get complicated don't they?
Out with the old and in with the new I say
But still it knocks hoping to stay a while and catch up
The last thing I should do is exactly that
Don't give me your coat or ask me where to hang your hat because
You're leaving through the same way you just entered
I'm a different person these days
You may even say new altogether
It was silly of me to even answer the door right?
I mean, who knocks anymore?
Next time I will know better
Because I'm moving forward
The past isn't going anywhere
But I am,
Here in the present
And looking towards a brighter future

No comments:

Post a Comment