About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

For Those Feeling Defeated

My friend David still has a copy of a poem I wrote a few years ago.
I remember that he used it as a devotional tool for the A Capella choir one time when he was one of the chaplains.
After reading it over again, it encouraged me so much that I wanted to share with you.
Of course, I updated it a little to make it grammatically correct.
The only line I added was, "The Way, the Truth and the Life."
Other than that, everything is the same. 
May this bless your heart :)


Stay Strong
By: Houth Som

Stay strong
In circumstances
That may tempt you
Persuade you
To do what is wrong
Stay strong
This earthly place is 
Not where you belong
Someday you’ll be in paradise
With the maker of heaven and earth
One of matchless worth
The Way, the Truth and the Life
Stay strong
When living selflessly
You’re misunderstood
By those who conform
To the patterns of this world
Confused, they assume
What is good is what they can gain
Stay strong
The Lord will guide you
Past every hurt and pain
He will sustain you
Pick you up once again
Stay strong
In the shadow of His wings
So you can sing and dance
In worship to the Most High whose
Blessings flow from heaven
And outnumber all the raindrops that
Fall from the sky
Stay strong
For the worries of this place will
Diminish
Vanish
As you finish the race
It’s not long
Until you meet Him face to face
And hear the words,
“Well done my good and faithful servant.”
As you wait for these spoken words
Stay strong in His promise

No comments:

Post a Comment