About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Friday, March 29, 2013

For the Average Man


Man up...
Recognize your responsibility
And live up to them
Expect pressure to be overwhelming
Stress to be suffocating
And difficulties to be only the beginning
Don't be some sissified male
Giving in to temptation and sin with the
Same ease as opening a door
Put aside your masculine pride
And embrace your identity as
A soon to be immaculate bride
A prodigal son
A friend who is forgiven by the one who was forsaken
Let this old life go
It is done
Wake up...
From your dream of complacency
Sleeping in your bed of fickleness
And keeping your body lukewarm with
A blanket of apathy
This life is no illusion
Reality is confusing
But don't be delusional or naive to think
That your life is not worth living
You're only fooling yourself
If you believe that standing on the sidelines is better than fighting on the front lines.
Just sit down junior
Don't stand up unless you're going to step up.
Have some backbone
Live with integrity and character
Look past the fear from circumstance
With a faith founded on truth
And a hope based on love
You can pretend to be a man
With your solo acts of selfishness
Screaming for attention
Simultaneously scared of sensitivity
No one is stopping you
Because the real men are walking in the opposite direction.
You can join us when you're done behaving like a brat and become a child at heart.

2 comments:

  1. Houth, I love this.
    Thanks for presenting a challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Jenna!

    I'm definitely not perfect by any means but this was something I wanted to challenge myself with too.
    I'm glad that you loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete