About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

For People Who Pray

Hey God,
What's the deal?
Why are people so crazy?
Why do they lie, cheat, kill and steal?
Why is life so hard?
Why can't I hear you?
Why do I have a tough time believing that
What you say is true?
Right now I'm questioning
Doubting
And even complaining about your plans
But what I hate the most is that while I'm complaining
I go to church, take communion
And thank you for your blood stained hands.
I feel like a hypocrite
But I'm still really upset
When you told me to follow you
I didn't expect this much pain and regret
But I don't regret you or
The choice I made to follow
It's just that sometimes I'm jealous
Because I'd rather be shallow that what I am now,
Hollow...
Tomorrow I want to try harder
And be better than before
I mean at least I'm not the one breaking in
With a gun trying to rob a liquor store
My sin isn't as bad as
Some celebrities we all know
At least I'm not lying to get into a woman's pants
And recording it on video
But seriously God 
I can't complain to you
Because you walked with me
You carried me through
I'm trying to understand grace
And forgiving other people
Even when I see them
Entering the same white steeple
Call me immature or childish
Because God I'm not quite there yet
It's hard for me to live a life in which
I forgive and forget
I have my scars but
You also have your own
I still can't believe you've forgiven me
Instead of throwing the first stone
Even though there's so much hurt in the world
So much pain that time can't heal
I want to be a person of change
And show-off a God whose love is real
When people leave me and
And I have to start over again
I can always count on you
To stick around until the end
Even though I'm not perfect
It's not an excuse to not strive to be holy
People can judge me all they want
Only your opinion matters to me
So God here I am
The real me
The new me you've created
Ready to be who I was meant to be
I know that our society has problems
And everywhere else does too
But you have overcome the world
And paved the way for us to love you
So God I'm sorry
I know this life of mine is borrowed
But if I happen to live another day
Then help me to try harder tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment