About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Thursday, January 3, 2013

For the Wedding

I stand mystified at the sight of truth
Staring at the grandiose of all that is real
The well of sensibility and rationality becomes dry
And what is left is what I feel
The sensation of the senses achieving their maximum capabilities 
Causes each one to be jealous for attention
Demanding me to listen as they plead their case
But I focus on sight and leave the others in suspension
The solitary thought of disbelief becomes engrossed by its counterpart
Clarity becomes a synonym for reality
Dreams are finally awakened
And even though the future is shrouded in mystery
The best friend named fear has lost his way,
Forever wandering in a desolate wasteland of past regrets
All that is left is to finish painting the portrait
Priced so high that 7 worldly wonders would be in debt
Please grant me a few more seconds
Allow the mind to comprehend and the paint to dry
Nothing in life has ever been more beautiful than right now
Walking down this aisle is my lovely bride

No comments:

Post a Comment