About Me

My photo
Hey everybody I'm Houth. This blog is mainly a devotional/poetry blog. I honestly hope that it encourages you in your own personal walk with God. If not, thank you for looking at the blog anyway :) Enjoy my poetry and devotionals. May they bless your heart and feel free to let me know if they do. Have a great day!

Followers

Sunday, July 10, 2011

Confession of Fear, Longing for Love

By: Houth Som


I often wonder
Where the discrepancy is,
Where the error lies
And where did the mistakes come from?
When did fear settle?
Settle like a mother
Calming down her son
Sitting still but never really still
Until a command comes from the father
With the strength of authority in his voice
The depth of seriousness in his tone
There is an underlying message to understand.
For there is no fear in love
But to fear love itself
Is the father’s command
Not the principle of love
Or the teachings of love
But the embodiment of love itself shall I fear
And I hear over and over again
I have not loved myself enough
I have not seen clearly the error of my ways
And yet...
They glorify that which is without error
Without imperfections or blemish
My body is a temple and I have filled it with trash
Trash that has the foul stench of spiritual decay
The terrible odor of hypocritical living
Day by day
With a boulder of a heart at the core
At the center 
And it is...
Cracked...
You can look inside and see a heart 
Half full of vain efforts and
Half empty of what used to be beautiful...
Love...
Filling this temple up with an empty love for
Things...
Attainable, unattainable and that which will soon be attained
Only to be taken away when perfection calls me to be the same
Imagination...
Never satisfied with that which is real
But drinking in saltwater to quench
A thirst as a placebo effect
People...
With words and actions
That has as much substance as an infant writing an essay
Cute,
When you look at the effort,
But there’s really nothing there
Love for self pity, jealousy and insecurity
Pity on things I wish didn’t happen
Jealousy on things that I wish will happen
Insecure on things that I wish will not happen
Is there something wrong with me?
Am I the only one?
Who can fill this void?
I want love...
I need love...
Love that transcends the length of time
But stays with me here in the present
Love that fills this void
But everyday I continue to hunger for it
Love that protects me with its arms
But leaves me vulnerable when my heart is close
Love that reassures me when fear hits me like a storm
But leaves me with a sense of mystery when I’m in the eye
Love that teaches me like a child
But disciplines me like a man
I need this love
I desire this love
Above my own needs
Above my own desires
This love,
God’s love,
Shall remain in me forever
With love dwelling inside
Whom then shall I fear?
What weapon formed against me shall prosper?
Nothing,
For Love Always Hopes,
Always Protects,
Always Trusts,
Always Perseveres
Love...
Never...
Fails...
So why should I see myself as a failure?

No comments:

Post a Comment